Multi-Activity tour based in County Kerry
The Kingdom of Kerry is a Mecca for outdoor activities; therefore the Adventure Kerry tour has been designed so that you can see the beauty of the county while been involved in many different outdoor activities. This is a guided adventure tour which takes you all around the Ring of Kerry while doing a combination of walking, cycling, sea-kayaking, open-canoeing and boat trips throughout the kingdom.
The tour is aimed for those who enjoy a variety of activities and that are of average fitness, and not just for the very fit. It does not matter if you have not been on a bike for 20 years or never been in a kayak, but as long as you have a sense of adventure and are willing to give it a go, then this tour will suit you.
- Sea kayaking in Kenmare bay
- Mountain biking the Gap of Dunloe
- Climbing Ireland’s highest mountain Carrauntoohil (3414ft/ 1039m)
- Killarney National Park – Lakes, Oak Woods, Mountains, Muckross Abbey and house
- Canadian canoe trip on Caragh Lake
- The Skellig Islands and its 6th Century Monastic site
- Horse riding on beaches on Dingle Bay
- Travelling the Ring of KerryRock-climbing and Abseiling/rappelling
All activities on the Adventure Kerry tour are run by staff with national recognised qualifications at approved activity centres. The tour could be graded as a three-boot tour, and there is the option for a free day for anybody on the tour whenever you feel like one.Net Price: €1150 per person sharing.
13- 20 July
- Courtesy transfer from Kerry and Shannon Airports
- 7 nights accommodation in Irish Tourist Board approved guest-houses
- Full Irish breakfasts on seven days
- Seven packed-lunches
- Six four-course dinners
- Experience Mountain guide on walking days
- Transport throughout the week.
- Sea-kayaking Kenmare bay
- Boat trip to UNESCO World Site the Skellig’s
- Mountain bike hike
- Canadian canoe trip on Caragh Lake
- Rock-climb/abseiling session
- Horse riding on Rossbeigh beach
- Experienced local guide throughout the itinerary
Full Itinerary for Adventure Kerry
Day 1 Arrival at Killarney.Dinner and welcome briefing with guide at guesthouse. Overnight in Killarney (3 nights)
Day 2 Killarney National ParkThe first day’s activity is walking Killarney National Park, with its lakes, Oak woods, waterfalls, bogland and native red deer. The Old Kenmare road has been abandoned since 1830, there is the option of climbing Torc Mountain with views over the Lakes of Killarney. Also to be seen is Muckross house 19th century manor and Muckross Abbey 15th century.
Day 3 Carrauntoohil 3414ft / 1039mThe highest mountain is located in the heart of MacGillycuddy’s Reeks mountain range. The walk takes you through Hags Glen and up Eagle’s Nest, there are number of routes up the mountain which may depend on the group’s abilities and weather. The views from the top are well worth the climb.
Day 4 Sea Kayaking KenmareToday you travel along the Ring of Kerry through the ‘tidy town winners’ of Kenmare and Sneem. Sea kayaking the beautiful Kenmare Bay with its many Islands and abundance of sea-life, the afternoon transfer is along the Ring of Kerry to the little fishing port of Portmagee with the option of walking at Derrynane National Park and its white sandy beaches. Overnight in Portmagee (2 nights).
Day 5 Skellig Islands / Biking Valencia IslandThe Skelligs are located 10 miles/16kms from Portmagee by Boat, Skellig Micheal has the remains of a 6th century monastic site and this can only be reached by climbing over 850 steps to the top. The little Skellig is home to over 27,000 gannets. For those who are not good sea-travellers there is the option of cycling Valencia Island and visiting its many historical sites. The Skellig’s is an UNESCO World Heritage Site, one of only three in all Ireland.
Day 6 Mountain Biking Gap of DunloeThis is spectacular bike route through the Ice-carved Gap of Dunloe and around the Lakes of Killarney. Overnight Glenbeigh (2 nights)
Day 7 Canoe, Rock-climb, Abseil or Horse ride.The morning you can enjoy a relaxing paddle on Caragh Lake by Canadian Canoe, there are afternoon options of Rock-climbing/Abseiling or Horse riding on Rossbeigh beach on Dingle Bay. Farewell Dinner.
Day 8 Departure
* Accommodation is based on a twin-sharing basis. Single supplement may be available for an additional €189.